DRESS FOR SUCCESS® in New Zealand
Donate to support the work of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® in New Zealand
Find out more about the activities of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® Northland
Find out more about the activities of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® Auckland
Find out more about the activities of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® Hamilton
Find out more about the activities of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® Rotorua
Find out more about the activities of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® New Plymouth
Find out more about the activities of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® Wellington
Find out more about the activities of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® Christchurch
Thanks to our partners
Thank you for your support of Dress for Success in New Zealand, with special thanks to our corporate partners who help us in so many ways – with gifts – of money and in-kind, plus expert advice. Your donations enable us to achieve our goal to help more women transform their lives and become strong role models for their families and communities.
About Dress for Success®
DRESS FOR SUCCESS® has helped 1 million women around the world since it was founded in 1997; it currently assists over 75,000 women a year. Since launching in NZ in 1999, it has served over 45,000 women in this country.
The mission of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® is “to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.”
Our vision is “a world where women do not live in poverty, are treated with dignity and respect, and are strengthening their families and shaping their communities.”
There are currently 152 affiliates/branches in 28 countries: 7 are in New Zealand, in Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton, New Plymouth, Northland (Whangarei), Bay of Plenty (Tauranga & Rotorua), and Wellington. Each global affiliate is volunteer-driven and supported by a small staff and board.
Ours is a transformational, “wraparound” service, with 3 key programmes offered to clients:
- Dressing/suiting programme which equips each woman for her job interview; once she gains employment, she returns for a 2nd complete outfit;
60-72% of clients gain employment after being referred to, and served by, DRESS FOR SUCCESS®
- Career Centres, which provide CV assistance, interview tips and job search support;
- PWG – Professional Women’s Group, job retention and leadership programme;
over 75% of PWG members are still employed after one year.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS® serves clients by referral only and women must have an interview scheduled before being referred. Our clients come to us from a continually expanding and diverse group of not-for-profit and government agencies including Work & Income, immigration services, job training programs, educational institutions and domestic violence shelters. More than 3,000 organisations throughout the world send women to DRESS FOR SUCCESS® for interview appropriate attire and career development and job retention services.
Our best advertisement is our clients:
I felt like a million dollars.
You are made to feel like you matter and count.
I am the first person in my entire family, of any generation, to own a house. And I now have expectations for my own children.
And our supporters also have positive things to say:
DRESS FOR SUCCESS® is an organization that empowers … women … You can actually touch and change people’s lives in an instant.
Iman – Model & Businesswoman
I served for several years on the Board of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® (Worldwide) and it’s the only board I’ve ever asked to be on.
Bobbi Brown (Bobbi Brown Cosmetics)
You are providing practical solutions to women in need and ultimately a positive impact on our economy.
NZ corporate donor
Find out more
About DRESS FOR SUCCESS® in New Zealand Trust
The Trust was established in mid-2015 to:
- support the work of the DRESS FOR SUCCESS® affiliates in New Zealand and to
- provide for the long-term financial sustainability and viability of DRESS FOR SUCCESS® in New Zealand
The Trust will deliver on its purpose:
- in cooperation with the New Zealand affiliates
- in cooperation with Dress for Success Worldwide and its New Zealand representative(s)
- in accordance with the wishes of our partners and donors
The Trust will:
- act as the legal vehicle for collection and distribution of national funds
- contribute to the national fundraising strategy and assist in the execution of the national component of the strategy
- retain funds to build capital in the trust, to enable the trust to deliver on our purpose and build goodwill with affiliates and donors.